The classic futon comes from the Japanese and refers to a mattress, which can be transported rolled up and spread on the floor for sleeping. Modern futon mattresses, on the other hand, can no longer be rolled up, but due to their material composition, they offer a significantly higher sleeping comfort. These futon mattresses can be used directly on the floor or combined with furniture.
Materials of a futon mattress
The classic futon consisted mostly of cotton and was therefore not very comfortable. A modern futon mattress, on the other hand, impresses with a combination of cotton, sheep’s wool, natural latex, horsehair, hemp, and coconut, thus ensuring an optimal feeling of lying and a high degree of sleeping comfort. Because of this mix of different materials, the futon mattress is also much less flexible, so it is no longer easy to roll. Especially important for a futon mattress are the selected natural materials, which should ensure a deep and restful sleep.
Through these materials, the futon mattresses adapt optimally to the contours of the body and also respond very well and quickly to changes in position during sleep. Depending on the manufacturer, the materials contained in the mattress and their composition may well change, but the differences to a conventional mattress are more than clear. Buy best full size mattress now.
Sizes of a futon mattress
Futon mattresses come in many different sizes. Common sizes include:
- 70×200: Especially narrow format for small single beds.
- 80×200: A standard format for single beds. Single futons are rather rare.
- 90×200: Also a standard format for single beds. The format can also be used in futons sofas.
- 100×200: Large format for single beds. The format is also suitable for a futon couch.
- 120×200: A format that is particularly suitable for futons sofas and is rarely used in beds.
- 140×200: A size that is especially common in the field of futon beds. Usually the smallest form of the double bed.
- 160×200: This size is great for queen size queen beds. Thanks to the continuous mattress, the gap between two single mattresses is eliminated.
- 200×200: This size is suitable for double beds in king size format. The continuous mattress allows a high sleeping comfort on every position of the bed.